Interested in being part of the action?
This is one of Main Street First’s most active and popular committees, and there is always something to do to help!
All events promoted by TLLF must be inclusive and open to the public. TLLF encourages participation in events by people of all, abilities, race, gender, or sexual orientation, without discrimination, and requires member participants in TLLF events to do the same. All membership decisions and inclusion or exclusion of event and specials advertising is subject to review by the TLLF committee.
To become a TLLF member, a business must be able to respond affirmatively to all of the following statements:
- My business/organization/not-for-profit is privately held (not publicly traded).
- My business/organization/not-for-profit is located within a 1.5-mile radius of Little Falls. [Note: The TLLF committee may also approve exceptions to this limit where the business is closer (based on shortest driving distance) to Little Falls than to any other shopping district.]
- My staff is employed by my local business/organization/not-for-profit and not by a corporate headquarters located outside of Little Falls.
- My business is not a franchise or multi-level marketing (MLM) organization.
- Local independent for-profit business: Full membership rights.
- Local not-for-profit – 501(c)3 and religious organizations: Full membership rights.
- Local independent fraternal organization – 501(c)4: Associate membership.
- Non-local business, organizations, or individuals: Welcome to join as a Friend of Think Local.
Full members and supporters will benefit from being part of a vibrant volunteer-based organization dedicated to fulfilling its mission. Currently TLLF coordinates educational events; monthly Third Thursday events, including five (5) “Super” Third Thursdays; community decorating during various seasons; a TLLF Facebook page; and a Shop Local web page; and applies for grants to supplement member dues whenever possible. Each event and outreach has parameters and limitations that will be as inclusive as space and traffic generation allows.
- Full members will have the opportunity to advertise specials and events that support the theme in the monthly flyer (space permitting).
- Associate members will have the opportunity to ask TLLF to promote via email blast and Facebook posts up to four (4) events per year that are open to the public.
- Friends of Think Local will be acknowledged on the web site and have the opportunity to sponsor major events.